Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Inner Court, Inner Light!

The past couple of days I believe that the Lord has been showing (speaking) to me a lot about His presence. Sounds simple, but so needed, and needed to understand or recognize. I think yesterday's blog about us being His temple really ties in with this if you haven't read it.

At worship service we sang "Oh the Glory of Your Presence", and some words in that echo this;
...We Your Temple give You reverence
So arise from Your rest
And be blessed by our praise
As we glory in Your embrace
As Your presence now fills this place
---
In His presence is fullnes of joy, and His presence is in you, His temple dwelling place.

I just read something in the mail a few moments ago about the inner court of the tabernacle, where the LAMPSTAND was (old testament times)...and a couple minutes later opened the Bible and it opened to Matt. 5:14-16, where I had placed a devotional page from Sept.12, the title-"Inner Light." I am writing some of those below, and afterwards want you to see this young man doing a great job singing acapella the song "Oh the Glory"...great voice and control, I think, and passion as he dedicates it to God.

You are the light of the world. A city situated on a hill cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16.

We are to give light for all who are in the house.
---
now from the devotional;
The eternal light of God in me is growing brighter daily, bringing me into a larger realm of revelation and dispelling any darkness designed to defeat or discourage me! God is in me, and there is no darkness in Him!

I will speak the Word of God over my life and it will go before me, illuminating my path. I say to every area in my mind that is still under construction, "Let there be light!"

Today I will see things around me clearly because Jesus said that if my eye is healthy, my whole body will be filled with light!
(I'd like to interject here "may the eye of Christ's body(us) be healthy, so the whole body of Christ will be filled with light!)

Today I will think of myself as a city set on a hill-a brightly lit city that cannot be hidden. Favor, promotion, success, prosperity and every good and perfect gift will be evident in the streets of my life's metropolis, and Jesus will reign from the center of it all!

Today I will arise and shine, because my light has come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon me. (whew!..this is really hitting me as I'm writing this part.) I will spread the glory around today.

Father, help me shine my inner light on the outside world today. In Jesus' name, amen.
(taken or adapted from A Year In The Now, by Bishop Jim Swilley)

ok, sing it bro!..the glory of His presence...amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment