Monday, September 14, 2009

Salvation Revelation

It takes more than 1 strike of a wrecking ball to bring the walls of a building down!!!
I believe something beautiful is being built up from out of my dust/ashes, and ruins.

Interesting that yesterday my son(7) asked me, "daddy, I know that we all eventually go back to dust, but then what happens to the dust?"

Today I was reading from Luke 2:21-51 where Jesus is presented at the temple to Simeon the priest.
Imagine yourself holding the Messiah in your arms, seeing the salvation prepared for you, and for ALL.

Whether you agree with some of these thoughts or not, I pray that you find something here that connects with your spirit and causes you to give praise and thanks to God, as did Simeon the priest and Anna the prophetess.

The 8th day circumcision...hmmm, isn't that a number of "new beginnings?"
circumcision...the Holy Spirit curcumcising my heart, making it new.


verse 21: the name given...before His conception.
That verse leapt out to me about God's plans already named for us BEFORE they are even conceived in our spirits!


verse 22:..and after a certain purification/preparing in us, the baby/plan/dream/vision is officially named and known.
We offer sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving, like Simeon....and while many people may embrace your vision/prepared plan, you have to be prepared also for the stabbing pain that comes from those who are opposed and speak against it.(v.34,35)
Good news here, is that the opposition propels us into our destiny and the fulfillment of those plans, like Christ's opposition took him to His.


v.40...along the way we/the vision grow(s)up and become(s) strong, filled with wisdom, and God's grace is poured out.

ok, Anna, the prophetess, who never left the TEMPLE COMPLEX, but served God night and day. She reminds me that the TEMPLE is me, and Jesus is in me, the temple.
...I thank God, praise Him, and embrace the HOLY SPIRIT, like Simeon, in the temple!

His salvation has come to me, in my presence, a light for revelation to me.

thinking from v.34...the Holy Spirit in us is destined to cause the fall and rise of many "IN ISRAEL(those who now profess Christ)" and a sign that will be opposed.
...but this fire of the Spirit in us is an unquenchable fire that the waters(seas) of religion cannot put out, whose fire is eternal!


verses 43-49 (Jesus parents assuming He was in their party, yet was back "IN JERUSALEM", and "IN HIS FATHER'S HOUSE")
...ohhh, this makes me compare the traveling party to things like "church denomination", or "religion."..assuming Jesus is with their party all along.

They may "realize" that He is not, and search for Him among the association of those things... the "relatives and family" of those things, but where is He?..where is Jesus!?"

...then "they returned to Jerusalem", to where Jesus is found!..and amazed that He would not be with them they question "...why have you treated us like this? ...we have been anxiously searching for you?"
...His response..."why were you searching for Me?" "DIDN'T YOU KNOW that I had to be IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE?"


Christ IN me, you, us..."whose temple you are."We are the FATHER'S HOUSE, His dwelling place, and Jesus is found here...in "NEW JERUSALEM."
v.32 thoughts...The light of the Holy Spirit reveals Christ IN us, and glory to His people Israel (those who already call Jesus "Lord")

---
I just now came across this, too, seems to connect here...

But the path of the [uncompromisingly] just and righteous is like the light of dawn,that shines more and more (brighter and clearer)until [it reaches its full strength and glory in] the perfect day . . . ." (Proverbs 4:18 – AMP)


Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I know that I have a personal path to pursue – a lifelong, spiritual journey of Christ-revelation and self-discovery – that is growing brighter and clearer every day!

(from A Year In The Now-Bishop Jim Swilley)

I hope that this generated intriguing thoughts within you...I'd like to hear some.

No comments:

Post a Comment