Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Kingdom in you.

I've been thinking a lot of God being our sanctuary, and us/me being His dwelling place... His temple.

Some words from a song I just heard..."You're in my heart, You're in my soul, You are my heaven, You are my home" - by The Afters

This is from a new paraphrase pulled off of bishop Jim Swilley's blog www.bloginthenow.blogspot.com.

Luke 17:
20. On another occasion, the Pharisees asked Jesus when the Kingdom of God would come. He replied, "The Kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation...with setting dates...or counting the days on the calendar...in fact, you can't even see it with the physical eye.

21. And no one can ever say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the Kingdom of God is within human hearts and minds...why, it's even within you Pharisees!
-----
okay ya'll, talk to me...

3 comments:

  1. The kingdom of God being within you makes me think of references like, "know ye not that you are a temple (dwelling) of the Holy Spirit God has given you?"

    ...and we are His dwelling place, took this out of Isaiah right after they came forth out of the Red Sea...

    From Isaiah 15:13,17- "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed.
    In your strength you will guide them to your HOLY DWELLING.

    You will bring them in and plant them on the mountain of your inheritance— the place, O LORD, you made for YOUR DWELLING,the SANCTUARY, O LORD your hands established.

    18 The LORD will reign
    for ever and ever."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now the only thing I feel inside me is too much Halloween candy. :-)

    I'm glad God loves me even if I did eat way too much chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me laughing!, and that's good.

    Yep, lot of chocolate in the house here, too, been sharing it with my guests...if I don't, it will still be here next year! (ha)

    God bless you with His wonderful treats in the Spirit!

    interesting word ver: eatess

    ReplyDelete